Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website and/or a webpage in search engines via the natural or un-paid (organic) search results. There are 100′s if not 1000′s of factors that the search engine considers to be relevant data to increase the ranking of a website but above all….Content is King.
Many agents today use Social Media Platforms like, and Google+ to share content. So how can those agents now make the next step and actually generate the content not only to improve their own online profile but also to increase their visibility in the search engines.
One strategy to consider is creating a blog and using this to post regular and relevent content in the form of articles. Creating a blog is fairly simple. See our recent article, Tools and costs to set up your own real estate blog.
Once your blog has been set up it’s time to start producing some articles here are some ideas that I suggested in a previous article I have created my blog, Now what? – Article Suggestions
- Real Estate in your area – Basic statistics and facts about real estate in your local community.
- General Real Estate – Trends, Markets, Your perception and prediction of the future.
- Your Listings – Let’s face it, you can never give your listings enough publicity. Just make sure that your blog does not become a portal for your listings, readers will lose interest very quickly.
- Local Area – Climate, Lifestyle, Recreation. Let readers know that you are familiar with your community.
- Places of interest – Tourist Attractions, Markets, Historic monuments.
- Local Schools – How many? Primary schools, high schools, colleges, universities.
- Community centres – Churches, Scouting, Day care centres.
- Local Shops – Major stores, specialty stores, restaurants, fast food outlets.
- Local Sporting Clubs – Publish results, fixtures, stories.
So in real estate it’s important to be different, to offer something unique….A purple Cow. So here is something to try. Why not ask your vendor to write a guest article.
Your sellers can provide first hand what it’s like to live in the neighbourhood, their experiences, their favorite places and things to do. Within no time you can add genuine relevent content to your blog, share it accross your social profiles and include them in your local marketing.
Whether your strategy is Blogging, Social media,
Good luck and please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below